To the best of our knowledge riff
Listening to the replay of to the best of our knowledge this morning on NPR. I've been up since 3:15 a.m. The best day to be up at that time in the morning is Sunday morning. I awoke to a piece by the editors of Smith Magazine discussing their new publication 'Not Quite what I was Planning; Six Word Memoirs'.
Just like everyone else who learns of this exploit, I immediately began to construct my own version. After playing around with it a bit, I came to these six words:
Bright potential. Dim life. Darkly bored.But I thought that made me sound rather criminally insane. So I changed it to this:
Big potential. Small life. So bored.
Yup. That about sums it up for right now anyway. Although I must admit the shadow in me resonates with the former flash memoir as well...
And there was a funny little irony to this story. After writing this, I discovered last week on TTBOOK, there was a segment on boredom. Universe calling? Hmmm. I'm going over to listen to the podcast right now...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home